Turn your leftover mashed potatoes into crispy and flavorful potato cakes with this quick and easy recipe. Perfect as a side dish or main course, these golden-brown cakes are a hit with the whole family.
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins||4 servings||15 minute|
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons flour or more depending on how creamy your potatoes are
- Oil or nonstick cooking spray, for frying
- Make potato cake batter: Stir the mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese and flour together in a large bowl. Start with 6 tablespoons of flour and add more if needed. You should end up with a slightly sticky, soft dough that can be shaped into disks.
- Shape cakes: With a cookie scoop, scoop out balls from the potato dough and flatten them into thick discs between damp hands. Making your hands slightly wet will prevent the dough from sticking to them.
- Cook cakes: Heat the oil or nonstick cooking spray in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place the potato cakes in the hot frying pan and cook them until golden brown on either side, about 3-5 minutes each. Serve hot.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 255kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 97mg, Sodium: 119mg, Potassium: 56mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 261IU, Calcium: 115mg, Iron: 1mg
With their crispy exterior and fluffy interior, leftover mashed potato cakes are a versatile and tasty dish that your whole family will love. So, put those leftover mashed potatoes to good use and surprise your loved ones with these delightful treats that are quick, easy, and utterly scrumptious.