Air fryer poached eggs are a new amazing way to cook poached eggs without babysitting the stove. They are quick and easy to make and are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional fried eggs. Plus, there’s no messy water to clean up afterward.
- PREP TIME3 minutes
- COOK TIME5 minutes
- TOTAL TIME5 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- Oil spray. I use Ghee Butter.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 Tablespoons hot water
- Toast (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 °F (177 °C) for 3 minutes (air fry/air crisp setting)
- When the “ready” timer beeps, spritz some oil into each ramekin and rub the oil with your finger around the edges. You can use the food brush instead.
- Pour 3-4 tablespoons of hot water
- Gently crack an egg into each ramekin
- Place ramekins directly in the air fryer basket/tray.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes. The timing will depend on the preferred doneness of the yolk. Please refer to the poached eggs cooking chart below.
- Once cooked, remove the ramekins from the air fryer.
- Then, using a rubber spatula, gently pry the eggs out of the ramekins.
- If the eggs are stuck, you can try running a knife around the edge of the ramekins.
- Once the eggs are loose, transfer them gently to a plate, or put them on prepared toast. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and enjoy!
Air Fryer Poached Eggs Cooking Times
Preheat the air fryer to 350 °F (177 °C).
- Runny yolk: Soft but cooked whites 5 minutes
- Medium-runny yolk, nicely cooked whites: 6-7 minutes
- Firmer but still soft yolk: 7-8 minutes
- Hard yolk and fully cooked whites: 8-10 minutes