- This Keto lasagna is rich and delicious, with layers of low carb noodles topped with savory meat sauce, creamy ricotta cheese, and melty mozzarella cheese. This low carb lasagna recipe is the ultimate in low carb comfort food.
- Total Time : 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
FOR THE “NOODLES”
- 2 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
FOR THE FILLING
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce, divided (get the recipe here)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 tablespoons whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh basil, for garnish
FOR THE “NOODLES”
- Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the baking dish, forming a nice even layer.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When the “noodles” are done baking, cool in the fridge for about 20 minutes and then cut into thirds. This makes three perfectly sized “noodle” layers for an 8.5 X 4.5 X 2.5 loaf pan.
FOR THE FILLING:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine the ground beef, onion, oregano, garlic powder, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until the meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat from pan and add 1 cup marinara sauce to meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:
- Pour ¼ cup marinara sauce into bottom of loaf pan. Top with the first “noodle” layer
- Layer a third of the ground beef mixture. Top with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese and 3 tbsp ricotta cheese, and cover with another “noodle” layer. Repeat these steps.
- Cover the top “noodle” layer with remaining meat sauce, marinara and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning over top. Bake for 20 minutes.