This easy Keto cinnamon rolls recipe is a delicious recipe made from the soft texture of coconut flour Fathead. You can serve it with hot cream cheese icing. your family loves this heavenly treat.
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO CINNAMON ROLLS
The most important ingredient in cinnamon roll is Fathead dough. Mozzarella is used to thicken it. This means you don’t have to wait for the dough to thicken – it prepares faster than traditional cinnamon rolls.
We have divided the cinnamon into three parts, dough, filling and icing
Cinnamon Roll Dough
We used cream cheese and mozzarella cheese with coconut flour. Use baking powder to make the dough well. It is important that you do not use margarine as butter. Use pure unsalted butter for this. It tastes much better and will make you healthier
Filling – Sugar Free
We will use softened butter and ground cinnamon in this recipe with some brown sugar substitutes as a traditional cinnamon roll.
We will use cream cheese for top frosting which will make it very attractive
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cool Time: 16 Minutes
Total Time: 31 Minutes
- 60 grams coconut flour (½ cup)
- ¼ cup low carb sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoon baking powder can be cut in half to reduce sodium
- 250 grams mozzarella cheese shredded (2-½ cups)
- 55 grams cream cheese (2 ounces)
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, use unsalted to reduce sodium
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ¼ cup Low Carb Brown Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- ¼ cup Swerve Confectioners Powdered Sweetener
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- low carb almond or coconut milk if needed
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan if needed
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut flour, low carb sweetener and baking powder. And set aside
- Heat the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in the microwave on high power for a minute, until it melts. Then heat on high power for one minute and stir
- Add beaten eggs, butter, vanilla extract if you are using and add coconut flour mixture until it becomes flour. The dough should be slightly wet and sticky and if dry add another egg or more butter.
- Roll the dough into 12 x 9 inch rectangles
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon well with the low carb sweetener. Spread the butter evenly over the dough and sprinkle the cinnamon mix on top.
- Now start rolling the dough from one side to the other and slice it into one inch thick rounds.
- Roll it in a prepared baking pan and keep rolling on 400°F until light brown. When it is light brown, cool it lightly on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and butter well with the help of electric mixture. Stir well in the powdered sweetener and vanilla extract. Add a little low carb milk (Coconut or Almond) if needed to thin the icing.
- For Extra Sweet Roll, you can increase the amount of sweetener for extra dessert. You can add liquid dessert until you reach your desired taste.
- If you want something gooey, add sugar-free maple syrup or fiber syrup to the layer of butter. This will make the roll more gooey and sweeter.
- You can add nuts to it. You can add the chopped nuts (almond and peacan) to the cinnamon mixture before rolling the flour log.
- You can refrigerate this low carb cinnamon roll for a week and you can also freeze it if you want to use it longer.
Serving: 1 Roll = Calories: 209 | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 590IU | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 0.6mg | Net Carb: 3g