The BEST chicken fajitas are so quick to throw together! Chicken gets marinated in the best juicy lime marinade, then seared for that unmistakeable crisp-charred outer edge! Serve with onions and bell pepper strips!
Servings : 4 people
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2–1 teaspoon ground chili (adjust to your desired spice preference)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds (650 grams) chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 3 large bell peppers (or capsicums), cut into strips (I use green, red and yellow)
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced
In a large shallow bowl, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt, chili and cilantro; mix together. Add the chicken thighs and If time allows, let marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or pan (12-inch | 30cm) on medium-high heat until smoking. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Sear the chicken on both sides until golden, charred and cooked right through (about 8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your fillets). Flip them a couple of times while cooking so they get a nice even char.
Transfer chicken to a warm plate, loosely tent with foil and let rest.
Add the peppers and onions to the skillet (drizzle with a little extra oil only if needed), and cook until the onion is soft and the peppers are slightly charred and cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice chicken into strips.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4115IU | Vitamin C: 171.4mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3mg