This Chinese Style Chicken Curry recipe, made in a Ninja Foodi electric pressure cooker, makes a quick and delicious weeknight meal.
yield: 4 SERVINGS
Prep time: 5 MINUTES
Cook time: 20 MINUTES
Additional time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 40 MINUTES
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 180g Mayflower Curry Mix*
- 1 L chicken stock
- 100g frozen peas (stir in at the end)
- Set your electric pressure cooker to the “Sauté” or “Brown” setting. Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker pot.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until it turns soft and translucent.
- Add the diced chicken breasts to the pot, stirring to coat them in oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the chicken pieces are lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the Mayflower Curry Mix to the pressure cooker, stirring to coat the chicken and onions evenly.
- Pour in the chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pot to release any browned bits. Ensure that the chicken is fully submerged in the liquid.
- Secure the lid of the pressure cooker and set it to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, perform a quick release of the pressure according to your cooker’s instructions. Carefully remove the lid.
- Switch the pressure cooker back to the “Sauté” or “Brown” setting. Add the frozen peas to the pot and stir well. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the peas are heated and the curry sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Taste the curry and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and let the curry sit for a few minutes to cool down slightly before serving.
- Serve the Chinese style chicken curry over rice or with some chips. Enjoy!
- Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 396TOTAL FAT: 13g SATURATED FAT: 3gTRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 9g CHOLESTEROL: 124mg SODIUM: 484mg CARBOHYDRATES: 16g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 7g PROTEIN: 51g