Darkest chocolate gelato uses cocoa powder and dark chocolate chunks to bring a rich, deep chocolate flavor to your gelato bowl!
To make this recipe in the Ninja Creami Deluxe, multiply all ingredients by 1.5
Note: 1 serving = 1 pint
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks (60% cacao or higher)
- Combine 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup whole milk, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 2 egg yolks, 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/3 cup chocolate chunks in a pot and cook on the stove at medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking constantly. This will ensure the eggs will not be scrambled.Make sure the chocolate is fully melted and combined when the 5 minutes is up.
- Pour the mixture into a Ninja Creami pint container, ensuring it does not go over the max fill line.
- Wait for the pint to cool, then place it into the freezer (ensuring it is on a flat surface). Freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer, and plug in your Ninja Creami machine! Time for the magic.Remove the lid from the pint and grab the Ninja Creami outer bowl. Place the pint securely into the outer bowl and cover with the lid. Once the lid is on, place the outer bowl into the machine, twisting to the right until it locks into place. Press the “Gelato” button and (try to) wait patiently for the creamy treat coming your way.
- Once the process is finished, press and hold the button on the left side of the Creami to twist the bowl to the left and remove it from the machine. Twist the lid off of the outer bowl and remove the pint.
- Now your darkest chocolate gelato is ready to enjoy!
If you don’t like following recipes, don’t worry – you can customize it however you want! We personally use oat milk and coconut cream to avoid most of the dairy, and it’s some of the best ice cream we’ve ever had.