These Low Carb mozzarella sticks is a great dinner for Keto diets, these mozzarella sticks require only 4 ingredients to make, they are a low carb appetizer. These delicious low carb mozzarella sticks can be prepared in a skillet, air fryer and oven. This is a simple and heart touching treat with only 2g nets carbs.
Can I bake Mozzarella Stick in the oven or the air fryer?
Of course, yes, you can bake these mozzarella sticks in the oven and air fryer to make them healthier.
In Oven – Preheat the oven to 240C / 500F. Arrange the mozzarella sticks on a lined baking sheet and spray the outside with cooking spray. Bake these mozzarella sticks flipping halfway for 10 to 15 minutes.
In Air Fryer – Place the mozzarella sticks in an air fryer basket and cook the mozzarella sticks at 200C / 400F for about 10 minutes. And keep flipping through both sites.
Tips to make the best keto cheese sticks?
- To make sure the cheese doesn’t stick out of the sticks, wrap the sides of the mozzarella sticks well on each side.
- Do not leave water on the eggs during washing, otherwise the crumb mixture will try to stick to it.
- Do not try to freeze mozzarella sticks for too long. Because they can break down due to being thick.
- Serve these mozzarella sticks with a ranch dressing or pizza sauce. Which will further enhance its pleasure
Storing and freezing
To Store – These mozzarella sticks can be well covered and refrigerated for 3 days. Too much will make it worse.
To Freeze – Mozzarella stick sticks can be frozen in a Ziplock bag for two months.
Reheating – Heat these mozzarella stick sticks in an air fryer (200 C.400F) for 6 minutes or in a preheated oven (180C / 350F) for 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 12 Servings
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks (part skim low moisture mozzarella)
- 1 1/2 cups keto bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs (optional)
- 1 large egg
- tablespoon water
- In a high-speed food processor or blender, add the pork rinds, Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs. keep blending until the powder texture remains. Now cut each mozzarella cheese stick in half and set aside.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to a bowl, add the eggs to the water in a separate bowl and stir well. And keep shaking until it comes together
- Now quickly dip each stick of cheese in the egg mixture and then dip it in the dry mixture. Repeat this process again and again with all the mozzarella cheese sticks. Place these wrapped mozzarella sticks on a plate in order. Now refrigerate this plate for 2 hours
- Now put 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick pan. And cook over medium heat. When they are well cooked, take the cheese sticks out of the refrigerator and cook them in this cooking oil for 2 to 3 minutes then cook them for 3 minutes before turning them until they are golden brown.
- Now place this mozzarella sticks in a plate covered with a paper towel and eat immediately.
For Oven: Preheat the oven to 240C / 500F, place the mozzarella sticks on a row of baking sheets and sprinkle the cooking spray well on the outside. Bake these sticks halfway through for 8 to 10 minutes
For Air Fryer: Bake the mozzarella sticks in an air fryer at 200 C / 400F for 8 to 10 minutes and flip halfway through.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | NET CARBS: 1g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 247mg | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg | Potassium: 10mg