Flourless Lemon Raspberry Protein Muffins with 9 grams of protein per muffin! These berry bursting sugar free muffins are the perfect quick breakfast or post workout snack!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 29
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (plant based – I use Burt’s Bee it’s my favorite brand)
- 1/2 cup ground almond meal + 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil. (or canola if you don’t have coconut oil spray)
- In a medium bowl add protein powder, 1/2 cup of almond meal, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- To a small bowl add egg whites, plain greek yogurt, mashed bananas and melted coconut oil. Whisk together until everything is combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together using a spatula. Mix until you no longer see dry ingredients.
- Add raspberries to the bowl and gently fold them into the batter.
- Add muffin batter to prepared muffin tins to fill up all 12 tins.
- Bake for 26-29 minutes, until tops are golden brown and they pass the “toothpick” test.
* I find that storing them in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator makes them last longer.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 148 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg