The irresistible blend of creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty make this fruity summer dessert salad a potluck hit!
2 packages (4-serving size each) Jell-O™ strawberry-flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
2 boxes (16 oz each) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
2 cups pretzels, crushed
3/4 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries; refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350° F. In medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
- In medium bowl, beat Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate until cool and gelatin topping in bowl is partially set.
- Carefully spoon gelatin topping over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm. To serve, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- It helps to set up the gelatin and strawberry mixture by putting it in the freezer for a bit. You don’t want it to set completely, but just a little to make it easier to spread.
- You can spoon additional whipped topping on top, if desired.
- Nutrition Facts :
Serving Size: 1 Serving , calories 480 , calories from fat 200 , total fat 22g 34%, saturated fat 14g 70% ,trans fat 1\2g , cholesterol 50mg 17% , sodium 360mg 15% ,potassium 130mg 4% ,total carbohydrate 66g 22% ,Dietry fiber 2g 9% sugars 5g ,protein 4g ,
% Daily Value*:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C