Slow cooker lemon garlic chicken thighs are simmered in a buttery sauce that is perfect for spooning over rice and vegetables. Low carb and gluten-free. Assemble ahead and freeze as a freezer crockpot meal!
Total Time : 4hours 10minutes
Add to the Slow Cooker
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 lemon zested; roughly 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillion I recommend Better than Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs see note 1
30 Minutes Before Serving
- 1/2 lemon juiced; around 2 tablespoons
- parsley garnish
- lemon slices garnish
Assemble- In the insert of a 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine the garlic, salt, basil, lemon zest, chicken stock, chicken stock concentrate and wine. Stir until well combined, then add the chicken thighs. Turn to coat in the sauce, then scatter butter cubes evenly over.
Cook- Put the lid on, then set the slow cooker to cook on the lowest setting for 4-5 hours.
The finishing touches- Just before serving, stir in the juice of half a lemon, garnish with extra lemon slices, and fresh parsley.
1- while this recipe is written for boneless skinless chicken thighs, you could easily swap in chicken breasts and adjust the cook time to 3-4 hours on low
2- You can add green beans or asparagus to the slow cooker 1 hour before serving. Scatter over the chicken (do not stir in), return the lid, and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Assemble the boneless skinless chicken thighs plus all remaining ingredients (except for fresh lemon juice, lemon slices & parsley) in a gallon-sized freezer bag, reusable silicone bag, or meal prep container.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible.
- Freeze flat for up to 3 months.
- Thaw completely, then cook as directed in the recipe card.
Storage & leftovers
Portion out into individual servings, or store in a large air tight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Heat in the microwave until steaming hot.