These have everything you need a Soft base, crunchy top with a sweet jam filling. recipe Yields 12 bars and they are 3 weight watchers points each
- 2 cups 212g of high protein, pancake mix, I use Kodiak buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon baking soda, salt
- 6 TBSPS of light butter I use imperial 27% vegetable oil
- 1 TSP lemon zest
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 8 TPBSP sugar free blackberry jam, I used Smucker’s
- Preheat oven to 350° liberally grease an 8 x 8 baking dish
- To a medium bowl, add pancake mix, soda, salt, cinnamon whisk to combine, add vanilla, and lemon zest. Cut in butter. Using a fork smash butter into dry ingredients. Continue to do this until you have a sandy texture throughout. When you squeeze it in your palm, it should stick together.
- Using half of your mixture, press into baking dish evenly, bake 15 minutes remove from oven. Add jam, spread evenly, top with remaining mixture, don’t press down.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Let cool 15 minutes before slicing. Cold storage in an airtight container