Air Fryer Scones. Learn how to make British homemade scones in the air fryer. A simple English classic scones recipe that is adapted for the air fryer and easy to mix and match with favourite flavours.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 mins
Total Time17 mins
- Air Fryer
Air Fryer Scones Ingredients:
- 225 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Butter
- 28 g Caster Sugar
- 60 ml Whole Milk
- Egg Wash
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Squirty Cream optional
- Fresh Strawberries optional
- Strawberry Jam optional
- Place flour and sugar in a bowl and mix. Add in cubed butter.
- Rub the fat into the flour. Do this with your fingertips until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add in enough milk to make a soft dough, for us this was 60ml. Then roll out your dough on a floured worktop and aim for at least 1.5cm thick or your scones will be too small.
- Using cutters, cut your dough to medium sized scones and then place in the air fryer basket.
- Spray the air fryer basket with extra virgin olive oil to prevent sticking and then brush the tops and sides of the scones with egg wash.
- Air fry for 5 minutes on 180c/360f, followed by a further 2 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Serve with strawberry jam, sliced strawberries and cream.
Height. If you would like really tall scones like you see in magazines, then double the ingredients and then double the thickness of the dough as you add the scones to the air fryer. Then add 3 extra minutes of cook time.
Traditional. Note that this is a traditional British scones recipe from the 1960’s and you are welcome to modernise them if you prefer.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition Info Please Note: Nutrition values are our best estimate based on the software we use at Recipe This and are meant as a guide. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.