Prep Time : 1 hr
Cook Time : 20 min
Total Time : 1 hr 20 min
- Chicken breast – 6
- Ginger and garlic paste –1 tsp
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Maida/ All purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – ¼ cup (chopped cubes)
- Ginger garlic paste/ Chopped ginger and garlic – 1 tsp
- Green capsicum – ¼ cup
- Red capsicum – ¼ cup
- Green chilli – 2
- Ketchup/ Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Spring onion – 1
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Water – ¼ + ¼ cup
- * 1 cup = 235 ml
- Wash the chicken breast and chop it into cubes as shown in the collage. Wash it thoroughly and transfer it to a bowl. Now to the chicken breast cubes add turmeric powder (never skip while cooking non veg specially sea food), salt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, corn flour, maida, pepper powder, 1 tbsp oil and few tbsps of water. Mix everything well so that the chicken is well coated in masala. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes to 1 hour preheat air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. When the air fryer is preheated brush a tbsp oil on the baking rack (prevents chicken pieces from sticking) then place the chicken pieces one by one evenly without overcrowding. Do not place really big chunks as the inside might not get cooked fully in the mentioned time. Brush a tbsp oil over the chicken pieces as well. Now cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes you will notice that the chicken is evenly browned and cooked crisp. If you feel the inside is not cooked fully cook for 1 to 2 more minutes and it should be perfect. Remove the chicken pieces from air fryer and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add corn flour and 1/4 cup water. Mix well and keep the mixture/ slurry aside.
- Chop onion, green capsicum, red capsicum into cubes and make slit in green chilli. Now heat a tbsp of oil in a pan to it add finely chopped garlic and ginger/ ginger garlic, saute well until aromatic. Now add chopped onion cubes onion, green chili and colorful capsicum cubes. Saute well in high flame.
- Now add salt, tomato sauce/ ketchup, red chili sauce and dark soy sauce. Mix well.
- Now add the air fried chicken pieces and toss well in the sauce.
- Now add the cornflour mixture/ slurry and 1/4 cup water, stir continuously. Mix well. When the chicken pieces are well coated in sauce add chopped green stalk of spring onion. Put off the flame and serve it hot with noodles or fried rice.