These super flavorful Air Fryer Chicken Breasts with Mustard Sauce are quick, easy, and perfect for weeknights.
- yield: 4 CHICKEN CUTLETS
- prep time: 5 MIN
- cook time: 10 MINS
- marinating: 1 HR
- total time: 15 MINS
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 TBSP old style whole grain mustard
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juice
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Put the mustard, fresh dill, smashed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and the lemon zest and juice into a large mixing bowl. Whisk everything well with a fork.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts down the middle and separate them so have four thin chicken breasts. Then place the chicken breasts into a gallon freezer bag two at a time. Seal the bag, releasing any air, and set the bag onto a hard flat surface like a cutting board.
- Hit the chicken repeatedly with a meat tenderizer to tenderize and flatten, creating cutlets.
- Transfer the chicken breasts into the mustard sauce, dredging each one to coat, then place the bowl into the fridge for about an hour.
- . After an hour, take the chicken breasts out from the fridge and use tongs to place them into the air fryer basket. Spoon some of the mustard sauce over them; set the bowl with remaining sauce aside
- .Cook the chicken breasts at 360º F for five minutes. Open the air fryer, flip the chicken breasts with tongs, and spoon the remainder the the sauce over them. Cook for another four minutes, or until the internal temperature registers at 160-165º F.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the air fryer and place them onto a serving platter to rest for about five minutes.
- Garnish with a bit of extra fresh dill and serve with lemon wedges. serving: 1serving, calories: 243kcal, carbohydrates: 2g, protein: 37g, fat: 9g, saturated fat: 1g, polyunsaturated fat: 1g, cholesterol: 98mg, sodium: 788mg, fiber: 1g