This is one of my favourite recipes by far ???? absolutely delicious and so free if using your HexAs. Served with speedy posh broccoli.
nutritional information for one serving of the Slimming World Chicken Fajita Pie recipe:
Calories: 420 kcal
Protein: 48 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 6 g
Sodium: 872 mg
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 medium tortilla wraps
- 200g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5-7 minutes until browned all over.
- Add the sliced onion and peppers, minced garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper, and continue to cook for a further 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take a round ovenproof dish (approx. 20cm diameter) and line it with a tortilla wrap.
- Spoon half of the chicken and vegetable mixture onto the tortilla, and sprinkle with half of the grated cheese and half of the chopped coriander.
- Place another tortilla on top, then repeat with the remaining chicken and vegetables, cheese, and coriander.
- Finally, place a third tortilla on top and spray lightly with low-calorie cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a dollop of fat-free natural yoghurt and extra chopped coriander, if desired.
you can make a lower Syn version of the Slimming World Chicken Fajita Pie by making a few modifications to the recipe. Here are some suggestions:
- Use wholemeal tortilla wraps as your Healthy Extra B choice, which will make them Syn-free.
- Use a reduced-fat cheese that has a lower Syn value than standard reduced-fat cheddar cheese. For example, reduced-fat mozzarella or reduced-fat feta cheese can be used as a Healthy Extra A choice or counted as Syns.
- Use a low-calorie cooking spray instead of oil or butter to reduce the calorie and Syn count.
- Increase the amount of vegetables used in the recipe to bulk it up and add more fiber and nutrients.
- Use a leaner cut of chicken, such as chicken breast, and remove any visible fat to reduce the calorie and fat content.