Fluffy with a crispy crust, these keto-style croissants will hit the spot when you are looking for something doughy on the side!
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 oz cream cheese
3 egg whites
½ cup coconut flour
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp psyllium husk
2 tbsp sparkling water (room temperature)
salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 385°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
3. Add cheese and cream cheese to a large microwavable bowl, stir and microwave until melted.
4. Stir in the beaten egg whites, coconut flour, psyllium husk, and pinch of salt.
5. Knead with hands until a dough-like consistency is reached, add sparkling water, and continue kneading.Note: If the dough becomes hard, microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
6. Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and spread with rolling pin to about ⅓ inches thickness.
7. Brush half of the melted butter onto the dough.
8. With a pizza cutter, start dividing the dough into 4 equal squares and further cut each square into two triangles that have a bottom approximately 4 inches wide.
9. Roll the triangles upward, starting at the widest part, and gradually curve into a crescent shape.
10. Place croissants onto baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
11. Brush remaining butter on top and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 12g19%Total Carbohydrate 6g2%
- % Daily Value *
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%