Victoria Sponge Cake In Air Fryer. How to make a moist sponge cake in your air fryer. Easy to make from scratch and mix and match with favourite flavours and a fantastic trip down memory lane to this classic cake treat.
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 26 mins
- Total Time 41 mins
- Air Fryer
- Hand Mixer
Sponge Cake Ingredients:
- 400 g Self Raising Flour
- 450 g Caster Su50 g Lemon Curd
- 200 g Butter room temperature
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 480 ml Skimmed Milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Strawberry Buttercream Ingredients:
- 115 g Butter
- 210 g Icing Sugar
- ½ Tsp Strawberry Food Colouring
- 1 Tbsp Single Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- In a bowl add butter and sugar and using your hand mixer, mix the butter into the sugar.
- Crack eggs into the bowl, add vanilla essence, add extra virgin olive oil, and mix again with your hand mixer.
- Once it is creamy add in lemon curd, flour and milk and mix with a wooden spoon. Don’t use a hand mixer as it will over mix it.
- You want a creamy, but not too thick cake batter. If it is too thick adjust with a little more skimmed milk or water.
- Add a little olive oil spray to your cake pans and then pat with flour to create floured cake pans.
- Add your cake batter evenly among two cake pans. Pat down with the side of a wooden spoon.
- Cook one cake pan at a time in the air fryer. Start with 10 minutes at 180c/360f, followed by a further 16 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Allow your cake to cool and while it cools make your Victoria sponge filling. Using your hand mixer mix the icing sugar into the butter. Add in other ingredients and carry on mixing until you have a creamy buttercream. Fridge while your cakes cool.
- Remove the filling from the fridge. Slice the top off your cake so that it is easy for two cakes to be sandwiched together. Add a layer of strawberry jam, then a layer of cream and then sandwich the cakes together. Fridge for an hour before serving, otherwise the cake will be too difficult to cut.
Cheat. You can cheat and use shop bought box cake and follow our air fryer box cake recipe.