Air Fryer Mince Pies. How to make delicious homemade British mince pies in the air fryer. An easy to follow recipe with only a small amount of ingredients. Easy to freeze and reheat later and ideal for Christmas.
- Prep Time10 mins
- Cook Time15 mins
- Total Time25 mins
- Air Fryer Oven
- Pastry Cutters
Mince Pies Ingredients:
- 500 g Air Fryer Pie Crust
- 350 g Jar Mince Meat
- 1 Small Egg beaten for egg wash
- 50 g Icing Sugar optional
- Plain Flour
- Add the pie ingredients into a mixing bowl. Rub the fat into the flour and stir in sugar. Add a little extra virgin olive oil and mix with a little water at a time until you have shortcrust pastry.
- Flour a rolling pin and flour a clean worktop. Roll out your pastry and using pastry cutters, cut out to the ideal size.
- Load the pastry into muffin tins and add a dollop of mince meat in each one.
- Add another layer of pastry over the top and use your hands to press down and seal so that no mince meat will escape during cooking.
- Add an egg glaze to the top of your mince pies with a pastry brush and add into your air fryer. Air fry for 15 minutes at 180c/360f in your air fryer oven.
- Eat warm or save for later. You can also add a sprinkling of icing sugar over your pies.
Cheat. You can cheat and use shop bought shortcrust pastry and just roll it out and make your mince pies. I find that shortcrust pastry is quick to make though and only buy shop bought for puff pastry.
Freeze. You can make your mince pies ahead of Christmas and freeze them for later. I recommend freezing them on a baking tray. Then once 75% frozen remove and load into bags. It will stop the mince pies sticking together and save you on freezer space.