These are easy pineapple habanero sauce glazed meatball skewers or kabobs made in the air fryer using frozen fully cooked meatballs. Air fryer meatball skewers could serve as a party appetizer or an easy side dish to salads or dinner as a whole.
PREP TIME: 8 mins | COOK TIME: 10 mins | SERVINGS: 8 |
- 40 1 – 1 ½ inch fully cooked meatballs
- 3 large bell peppers (green, red & yellow)
- ¾ cup Pineapple Habanero sauce
Thread the meatballs on the skewers alternating with the peppers. My skewers could fit 5 meatballs.
Place skewered meatballs in the parchment paper lined air fryer basket.
Brush the skewered meatballs with the pineapple habanero sauce. Set temperature to 400°F / 204°C and cook for 4 mins.
Pull out the basket, brush on more sauce, flip over and brush on some more sauce. Push air fryer basket back and bake for 4-6 more minutes till meatballs are warmed through and peppers slightly charred.
Repeat process for the rest of the meatballs and serve
- This recipe makes 8 meatball skewers with 5 meatballs per skewer.
- If using the oven style air fryer, bake in the middle layer for 2 -3 mins more.