Pop these simple-to-make and delicious Air Fryer Lemon Chicken Bites on every kind of meal to increase the flavor factor by a million!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Additional time: 30 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons (or about 4 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Additional lemon slices, optional garnish
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch, bite-sized cubes and pat dry with a paper towel. Place the chicken pieces into a gallon-sized plastic bag.
- Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, lemon pepper, and dried basil.
- Transfer the marinade mixture into the bag with the chicken cubes and slosh the bag to coat the chicken thoroughly with the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the air fryer to 375°F.
- Place the chicken cubes in the air fryer but be sure not to overcrowd the basket. Do them in batches if needed.
- Cook in the air fryer at 375°F for 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F, then remove the chicken from the air fryer to a plate.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley and sliced lemons as optional garnishes.
- It is important to cook your chicken to 165°F.
- Air fryers and cook times may vary. Please use common sense when cooking your chicken.
- It is important to preheat your air fryer. Preheating helps ensure even cooking and helps the chicken tastes its best.
- I like to give the air fryer basket a little jiggle halfway through the cooking time to help ensure even browning. Also, since the heat source is at the top, it will tend to cook slightly faster.
- Do not overload the basket. It’s best to cook in batches if necessary.
- Do not marinate for longer than 4 hours, or the chicken may start to cook on the edges from the acid in the marinade.
- This is a great recipe to meal prep ahead for the week. There are tons of ways to use this chicken recipe once it’s cooked.
Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 102mg Sodium: 845mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 38g