Nutty, sweet, and exactly what you expect from a coconut macaroon! The texture is crispy on the outside and somewhat sticky and chewy on the inside. The chocolate adds a nice bitterness that cuts through the sweetness. These are so easy to prepare and would make great gifts, plus, they’re easy to freeze!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Additional Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 HRS 40 MINS
- Servings: 36
- Yield: 36 macaroons
- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat an air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the air fryer basket, leaving 1 inch on each side to use as handles.
- Mix coconut, condensed milk, salt, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed until stiff peaks almost form, about 90 seconds. Fold egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Working in batches, spoon level tablespoons of the coconut mixture into rounds and place on the parchment paper, about 6 at time. Carefully transfer the parchment with coconut rounds into the air fryer basket.
- Cook until golden brown and set, 9 to 10 minutes. Remove parchment from basket, transfer macaroons to a wire rack, and repeat the process with remaining coconut mixture using the same piece of parchment paper.
- Microwave chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl on high power for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second increments, until melted and smooth, about 90 seconds total.
Dip flat bottoms of macaroons into melted chocolate and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet to set. Let rest until chocolate firms, about 30 minutes.
These can be bulked up a bit by adding Rice Krispies(R) or fun festive sprinkles.
You could dip the chocolate in crushed pistachios or another nut for a fun spin.
Nutrition FACTS : Serving per Recipe 36 : calories 103
Daily Value TOTAL FAT 6g | 7%
- saturated fat 5g 23%
- cholesterol 2mg 1%
- sodium 79mg 3%
- Total carbohydrate 12g 4%
- Dietary fiber 2g 6%
- Total sugars 10g
- vitamin c 0mg 1%
- calcium 18mg 1%
- iron 0mg 1%
- potassium 84mg 2%