PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast cut into 1 inch squares (you may cut into your preferred shape).
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I used Avocado oil)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp buttermilk or cream
- 1 tsp of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400F/200C
- Trim the excess fat and unwanted pieces from your chicken.
- Slice up the chicken into bite-sized pieces about ½ inch thick.
- Using oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, liberally season your chicken.
- One piece at a time dip the chicken into the egg wash mixed with buttermilk (or cream), then into the breadcrumbs. (Remember to use one hand for the “wet” and one hand for the “dry” to avoid a big mess!)
- As you add them to the air fryer basket, you’ll want to space them out for even cooking.
- Allow them to air fry for 10 minutes, flipping halfway, or cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the breadcrumbs are crispy.
- Serve with your side of choice and favorite dipping sauce! Enjoy!
Tips for Best Air Fryer Nuggets
- Make sure your chicken pieces are cut in equal sizes. This allows for even cooking for each piece and no piece is left undercooked or overcooked.
- Space out nuggets in the air fryer. If you have an overcrowded air fryer, it will restrict airflow and the nuggets will not cook properly, so make sure to have space in between each nugget.
- Preheat the air fryer before putting the chicken in. By having a preheated air fryer you are able to have fully cooked chicken in a more accurate time, if you cook the chicken for 10 minutes at a lower temperature, they will be undercooked.
- Line your air fryer grease tray with aluminum foil. By lining your air fryer first, it creates less hassle in the clean up process later on.